I was suddenly so inspired to make my own version of shrimp dumplings. The filling takes just minutes to put together and wrapping up the dumplingcan be so therapeutic. I don’t make my own dough I just bought the ready one in the supermarket hope one day I can make my own dough. And you can customized what filling you like, it’s interesting right? Even you can make a lot of dumplings then can stored in the freezer then anytime you cook and eat. So let start to make dumplings.
- 300 grams shrimp, peeled, deveined and diced
- 300 grams ground pork
- 1/2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup springs onions thinly sliced
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 30 pcs. (2 inch) dumplings wrappers
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Red vinegar or chilli sauce ( for serving sauce)
- In a large bowl combine: shrimp, pork, spring onions, ginger, sesame oil , sea salt and black pepper to taste. Mix well until evenly incorporated
- To assemble the dumplings, place the wrappers on work surface. Line the wrapper on the dumplings mood if you have, if don’t never mind spoon 1 tbsp of the filling into the center of the wrapper then fold the dumpling mold to create half moon press to sealed the edgesif you don’t have mold you fold to make half moon shape then gently pinching the edges to sealed. Repeat the process until all done. It make 30 dumplings
- After done wrapping heat the vegetable oil in large skillet on medium heat put the dumplings in single layer and cook until golden brown and crisps about 2 to 3 minutes per side. If you want to keep the dumplings you can store it in the freezer.
- After cook serve immediately with red vinegar or chilli sauce what ever you like.
Hope you give a try for this recipe 😊