The small bite sized confections, served as dessert or a sweet treats with coffee or tea. The name petit pours is French which translate to “small oven”. There are many types of petit pours but the most of common are little cake ( often with some sort of filling) which are glazed and decorated.
For the cake you can used any basic white cake, vanilla cake, or pound cake just bake in “9×13” cake pan. Make petit pours consume more time. But it’s fun there very little cute cake. It’s very versatile because it can combine with any various flavours and filling combinations. So here we go let make petit pours……😊
For the cake;
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate ganache
- 4 cup sitfed powder sugar
- 1 tsp coffee liqueur
- 3 tbsp shortening
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
Garnish: Gold flower gumpaste and gold sprinkle
- Line 9x 13 inch cake pan with parchment paper and set aside. Pre heat your oven at 170 C.
- In large bowl sift the dry ingredients: cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Then on the other bowl whisk the egg, milk, butter, sugar until combined. Mix the dry mixture to the wet mixture using the hand mixer beat until well combined.
- Pour the batter to the cake pan drop few time to remove air bubbles and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or when toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven let it cool completely then cut into half spread the chocolate ganache and put to the fridge to chill and firm for 1 hour.
- After chilled the cake cut the cake into small round using round cookie cutter.
- Then start to make the glaze.
- In a large bowl sift the powder sugar and cocoa powder, then pour the melted shortening, corn syrup and warm water mix well until smooth.
- Then put to the double boiler to reach the consistency of the poured fondant using the candy thermometer at least 105 F is best.
- Then pour the glaze mixture to the petit pours gently to make it even
- Let it cool and set its shape.
- Then put some garnish: I used gold flower gumpaste and gold sprinkle
Hope you give a try on the sweet treats😊😍.