Matcha 🍵 is a Japanese green tea ground into a powder form. Because it includes the entire leaf 🍃, it’s said to be extremely healthy. Once you hunt down a package which you ‘ll be able to find it at any Asian market or most grocery store. So let start to make.
- 3/4 cup cake flour sifted
- 5 grams baking powder
- 10 grams Matcha powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 large egg ( separated)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 45 ml whole milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 110 grams unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 grams rolled fondant (white)
- Gel paste food colour (green &yellow)
- Edible glue
- 50 grams gumpaste
- Sprinkle (pearls)
- Line the baking pan or deep baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. Pre heat your oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl sift the cake flour, baking powder, salt and matcha powder. Then set aside.
- In separate bowl whisk together the sugar, egg yolks, milk and oil until pale and thick using hand mixer for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the flour to the yolk mixture beat until well incorporated and set aside.
- Using the stand mixer or hand mixer beat the egg whites on medium speed to high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Then divide the egg whites mixture into 3 parts, first part gently fold to the yolk mixture then followed by the second part continue folding until on the third part do not over mix. Texture should be light but not fluid like water it should be thick but slightly fluffy.
- Pour the batter evenly on the baking pan, bake for 8 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from oven let it cool on the wire rack wait until completely cool, then cut the cake using 3 inch square cutter and set aside
- To make frosting, beat the butter using hand mixer until smooth and pale then gradually add the powdered sugar in medium speed after all add the powder sugar increase to high speed and add vanilla extract until become smooth and stiff peaks form and fluffy. Then pipe on the cake and layered until reach 3 inch high. In this recipe you can make 2 mini square cake.
- Then put the cake on the fridge to chill before covering the fondant need the cake to firmed. While waiting for the cake, knead and roll the gumpaste to make flower and leaf, for the flower I used the daisy cutter and for the leaf I used leaves cutter of course you need to put some gel paste food colour for leaf (green) and yellow for the center of daisy. Dnt forget to grease some shortening on your hand to avoid sticking the gumpaste after cut let the flower and leaf dry, you can make this in advance is fine
- After the cake well chilled and firmed, knead the fondant put gel paste food colour (green) knead until colour is even. Rolled using small rolling pin and slowly cover the cake gently press by your hand and cut the excess fondant
- Then put the gumpaste flower on top of cake, and line the pearls sprinkle on the edge of the cake
Hope you give a try for this mini lovely cake 😊😊.