Some filling will get absorbed into the cake during baking process. Making the extra moist, flavourful cupcakes. The rich sumptuous cream cheese filling plus additional butter cream frosting. So let’s start to bake.
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 110 grams unsalted butter
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre heat the oven at 400 F.
- Put the cream cheese in microwave and heat at low power for 40 seconds Dnt over heat.
- Stir in 1/4 cup granulated sugar or you can use hand mixer beat until become smooth.set aside while making the batter.
- Whisk together the: flour, sugar, light brown sugar,baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, ground ginger and salt.
- In separate bowl add egg, water vegetable oil and sour cream whisk until well combined.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients then add grated carrot mix well until incorporated.
- Line up cupcakes liner in the cupcakes pan scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of cake batter in cupcakes pan spread to cover the sides.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese filling on the top of the cake batter.
- Then cover the cream cheese filling with the cake batter. Bake for 17 minutes.
- They are done when you insert toothpick comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes in the oven let it cool completely before frosting.
- Beat the butter medium speed using hand mixer until pale and smooth then vanilla extract and gradually add on the powdered sugar continue beating until stiff peaks and fluffy.
- Pipe the butter cream frosting on the cupcakes I used the open star tip then add some decorations as you like…. enjoy 😊 eating….