For cookie dough…
- Cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract ( I use clear)
- Raspberry jam for filling
For royal icing……
- 3 tbsp meringue powder
- 4 cup powder sugar
- 5 1/2tbsp warm water
- In separate mixing bowl whisk together the flour and the baking powder and set aside.
- Then using the stand mixer or hand mixer beat the sugar, butter together until mix well. Then add the egg and vanilla mix again.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture one cup at a time. Mix until the dough begin clumpy. If your dough still crumby continue mixing.
- Gather the dough in work surface and knead with hand until nice and smooth. Roll into a ball wrap with plastic wrap and pop up in the fridge to chill for around 20 minutes. Need the dough become firm but not hard.
- Roll the chilled dough at your desired thickness and shape. Cut the dough I used 1 1/2 inch round cookie cutter and a small heat cookie cutter for the heart design in the middle of cookie.
- The bake the cookie at pre heated oven at 350F for 7 to 8 minutes then let them cool before piping the royal icing.
- While the waiting for the cookie completely cool it’s time to make the royal icing.
- In a mixing bowl sift the powder sugar and meringue powder then add the warm water and beat at low speed using the hand mixer or stand mixer for 7 to 10 minutes or until icing forms peaks.
- Then put raspberry jam on the cookie for the center small heart and pipe the royal icing on the cookie you can make your own design.
Note: keep utensils completely grease free for proper icing consistency.for this cookie I used thinned royal icing.