- 250g unsalted butter,soft
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 250g self raising flour
- 40ml whole milk 2tsp vanilla extract
- Iced blue food colour gel
- 200g unsalted butter
- 450g powder sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- First make the colours ready, prepare 4 medium bowl divide the whole milk into 4 parts.
- Then add gel colour into the bowl reserve 1 for blank colour.
- For the light blue just add one drops, for iced blue 2 drops, then in the deep blue 3 drop. Then set aside.
- Beat the butter in sugar until become pale and smooth and add vanilla beat until incorporated..
- Add the sifted flour into the butter mixture beat on medium speed until combined.
- Divide the batter into the food colour same amount each colour using spatula fold until combined.
- Then transfer to the 6 inch round baking tray.
- Then bake to the pre heated oven 180C for 20 to 25 minutes or until the toothpick come out clean. Dnt over bake to maintain the moisture of the cake.
- While waiting for the cake time to make the butter cream.
- Beat the butter using the hand mixer on medium speed until become fluffy and pale in colour the slowly add the powder sugar small amount at a time until become stiff peak and smooth then add vanilla and milk beat again until combined.
- After the cake done wait until cool down then remove from the tin tray and trim the top and edges using the 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter.
- Then arrange the cake according to the colour.pipe the butter cream using the small round tip.
- Until done all the colours. You can put some decorations like I do. I put white rose gumpaste on the top and some butterfly…..